Insulating your home or commercial building is one of the best things that you can do for the environment, and yourself! Insulation keeps you cool in the summer, warm in the winter, and is the most cost-effective way to reduce home energy costs. When it comes to insulation, there are several different types to choose from.
To name just a few:
- Blanket: batts and rolls – fiberglass, plastic, and natural fibers; suited for standard stud and joist spacing
- Concrete block insulation – foam board; placed on outside or inside of wall
- Foam board or rigid board – high insulating value for relatively little thickness
- Sprayed foam – good for adding insulation around obstructions, to finished areas, and uneven or irregularly shaped areas
- Foamed in place – applied in large quantities as a pressure sprayed product
- Reflective system – plastic film, foil faced kraft paper; most effective in preventing downward heat flow
The majority of heat is lost or gained through the roof and exposed walls. Good insulation will prevent heat from travelling, keeping the inside temperature of your building comfortable at all times no matter the outside weather.
Call Windy City Construction today for all of your insulation needs!