Most exterior building damage is caused by hail and strong wind gusts. Hail is possible within most thunderstorms, within two nautical miles (3.7 km) of the parent storm, as it is produced by cumulonimbus. Unfortunately, more often than not, hail damage to roofs goes unnoticed until further structural damage is seen, such as leaks or cracks.
What hail damage can look like:
- Loss of granules, which may expose the roof felt
- Various, random spots that are soft to the touch, like the bruise on an apple
- Random damage with no discernable pattern
- Splits in the shingles of various colors and sizes
- Impact marks or dents along the splits
If you suspect that you have hail damage, contact Windy City Adjusters today to schedule a consultation!